- (10.5 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- (4 ounce) cans diced green chiles
- pitted green olives
- jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- tablespoons fresh lime juice
- (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- (8 ounce) package shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- (1 ounce) package taco seasoning
- shredded cooked chicken meat
- 1 pound
- (10 inch) flour tortillas
- vegetable oil
- 1/2 Cup
- (8 ounce) package shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- chopped green onion
- 1 Cup
- (8 ounce) container sour cream
- Pour the cream of chicken soup into a blender along with the green chiles, olives, jalapeno, and lime juice. Puree until smooth, then pour into a saucepan, and warm over medium-low heat while proceeding with the recipe.
- In a large bowl, stir together the cream cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, and taco seasoning until well blended. Fold in the chicken. Evenly divide mixture among the 8 tortillas. Fold each tortilla into a rectangular packet around the filling.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Fry 4 chimichangas at a time until golden brown, then drain on a plate lined with paper towels.
- To serve, place a chimichanga on a plate, and ladle the warm sauce over the top. Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese and green onions. Finish with a dollop of sour cream.