- Chicken, whole or in pieces, with or without skin and bones
- Fresh vegetables, cut into pieces: carrots: corn on the cob, potatoes, zucchini, onion
- Fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste (powdered consommé can be substituted for salt)
- Optional: fresh, peeled tomato, diced (canned tomatoes can be used)
- On serving: lemon juice to taste
- Place all ingredients in a large, covered pot with enough water to cover everything.
- Heat to boiling and reduce heat, cooking until vegetables are tender and chicken separates easily from the bone (or until cooked through).
- Allow to sit for 1/2 hour before serving.
- Serve with Northgate bolillos and a fresh, nutritious salad.