CHICKEN TAMALES WITH POBLANO SAUCE
- chicken breast, boneless
- 2 lbs.
- white onion
- whole cloves
- garlic cloves
- 1 tsp.
- Poblano Sauce Nueva Cocina
- 1 package
- Northgate prepared masa
- 4 lbs.
- tamale corn husks, softened
- Place the chicken breast in a big pot; add the cloves, onion, garlic, salt and cover with water. Bring to a boil removing the foam on the surface.
- Turn down the flame, cover, and cook over low heat for 1 hour.
- Let it cool down; take out the meat and save the broth.
- Shred the chicken in small pieces.
- Mix the poblano sauce with the chicken mix.
- On your kitchen table place the masa and the chicken mix.
- Spread ¼” to ½” of masa across the corn husk.
- Add a spoon of the chicken mix in the center of the masa.